Monday, July 28, 2014

Sharing Some Internet Love

I spend a lot of time on the internet. Coming from a blogger that shouldn't be that big of a revelation, but lately I've spent quite a bit of time on YouTube, which is a new thing.

Back in the day, and by that I mean about 2 or 3 years ago, my friends and I used to spend a lot of time on YouTube together watching funny videos and quoting them every time we went to the bars. Yea, we were those girls. We were in love and obsessed with Jimmy Tatro, back when he only had 10 videos on his channel. We're OG fans.

Anyway, we eventually got to the point that we only watched Jimmy's videos, so we were only on YouTube once a week when he posted a new one. Well recently I discovered Joe Santagato and his old channel SantagatoTV, which I have mentioned a few times on here. Discovering his YouTube channel led to my discovery of a few other channels and a few other videos and this has all led to me spending too much dang time on the internet.

Mostly, I watched a lot of stupid things. Some of these people on YouTube.. Good grief, they need to just not. BUT I've found a couple of hidden gems and I'm going to share some of them with you today!

I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan and I don't pretend to like the New York Yankees, at all. But damnit, I like Derek Jeter. I always have. This ad is spectacularly done - and I don't use the word spectacularly lightly. Such a beautifully done "tip of the hat" to a great baseball player and great man. If your a sports fan at all, then I think you understand my feelings, especially if you're a baseball fan. At the very end of the ad, the music fades out and all you can hear are people chanting "Der-ek Je-ter *clap clap clapclapclap*" and it kills me every time. Every. Single. Time. #RE2PECT

Unless you live in a cave, then you know that the official 50 Shades of Grey trailer was released last week. This video seems appropriate in light of that. I laughed very, very hard. Ellen is amazing.

I found this because it was actually one of those annoying ads that plays before a YouTube video will play. Those are so annoying, but I actually love this one! A little woman empowerment never hurt anyone, right?! I love the message in this ad and it also felt like a little slap in the face, because I say "sorry" quite a bit.

The link to this video was tweeted out last night by someone I follow and I just happened to click on it on accident. Then the video started playing before I could stop it and once it started I just kept listening. Excellent cover of this song and with the acoustic touch! I don't know anything about this girl, but this video is definitely worth a listen!!

Dude. So basically this couple plays pranks on each other, constantly. Awe, 21st century true love. But really, these two are hysterical. The video above is just their channel's trailer, so you'll have to click on their channel to watch some of the pranks, but you should do that. They're hilarious.

I'd be doing you all a great disservice if I didn't include a Jimmy Tatro video. I can't possibly recommend enough that you click around his channel and watch some of his older videos, but this is his newest one and it's hilarious. It's a parody of The Purge: Anarchy movie that just came out and it's worth a click. A big click.


Now tonight I'm going to sit outside and read a book or something. I need less internet in my life.. Until tomorrow of course, when I'll be back here. Which reminds me - I posted my own YouTube video on Friday. You can hear my lovely Indiana accent, etc. etc. You can watch it.. Or not, whichever.

5 comments:

  1. that Jeter commercial gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and here i thought i was going to be productive my first day back to work. ps. great sports commercials like that give me chills

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaahhh I can't watch any of these at work! I have seen the "sorry" one though, loved it!! Sports commercials always give me chills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im looking at Prank vs Prank and now im in a couple prank rabbit hole lol. Gee thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...