Friday, March 7, 2014

Moments Of Happy

The weirdest thing has happened this week.
Usually I'm constantly trying to figure out what I'm going to blog about. I don't put a ton of effort into it, because I want it to be something I enjoy and I've noticed that when I'm forcing myself to write I start hate my blog. However, I very, very rarely start a post more than a day in advance. And usually that's after a big brainstorming session.
But this week, for some crazy reason, I've had tons of ideas and tons of things I want to talk about. I've already started 5 blog posts. I just have so much I want to talk about and so many things I want to say. No idea where this inspiration has come from!

So today I wanted to post something short and sweet. Just a little list of some other things that have been on my mind lately.
 
Getting a compliment from a stranger. Those kinds of compliments really make me happy because a stranger usually only compliments you if they really mean it. Big smiles all around!

Made for TV Christmas movies. I love them. So much love. They are always cheesy and always corny and usually very poorly acted, but I get so excited to watch them every year. What can I say? I guess it's my guilty pleasure!

When my Dad calls me Ashley. It's my middle name, but no one and I mean no one else in my life calls me Ashley except for my Dad. To be honest, he rarely uses my first name. Almost never. He always calls me "Ashley" or "Ash" and it's like our little thing. Something that only him and I have together and it makes me smile and makes me happy. 

IU Athletics playing well. Puts me in an instant good mood. Basketball to soccer to baseball to tennis and track. When IU is doing well in any and all sports, I get giddy. Hoosier fan for life.

When a child experiences something for the first time. There is jut something so precious and adorable about it. They always start out so confused and trying to take it all in and then watching their face while they try to decide whether they like something or not, whether it's a thing or an experience, it's just so fascinating. So many happy smiles.

Being appreciated for the hard work I've put into something. Yea, sometimes I need that praise and I won't apologize for it. If I'm putting in hard work and sometimes blood, sweat, and tears then yes, praise me. Show me that it was all worth it and show me that you value my time and my skills. When you do you're likely to get twice as much of it and I'm likely to be twice as happy.

Taking my little brother to school. He's not a morning person. None of my siblings and I were morning people when we were younger. I barely tolerate mornings now. But when I'm driving him to school he's chatty and it's awesome. He's 12 and he's such a young man now and it's so crazy to listen to him talk about school and his friends and life. Usually after I drop him off I've got a ridiculous smile on my face. I'm a big fan of that kid.

11 comments:

  1. "When a child experiences something for the first time." I couldn't agree more! Just the joy from a child just makes my heart swell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My middle name is Ashley too! lol Such a happy post! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice when you get a compliment from a stanger. My Dad uses my middle name a lot, it is such a sweet thing we have together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. compliments from strangers are my favorite thing ! i want to be better about giving them out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post made me happy! and girl don't even get my started on made for tv chritsmas movies, please tell you have the hallmark channel??? i watched those all day every day during the holidays. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love made for TV Christmas movies! I have a few recorded that I haven't watched yet (okay, and a bunch I have watched and want to watch again) so that I can watch them throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many good things! And love made for TV movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for inspiration! This means great things are coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love getting to spend time with my nephew who I don't normally get to do the normal everyday things with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome list!!! I had the experience of watching a child see something for the first time and it was incredible to watch their response. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...