Thursday, December 5, 2013

Just Your Average Thursday

This is going to be fun..
Let me paint you a picture..

It's 7am.
I came into work early to get a few things done when I assumed I'd have the place to myself.
But it's Thursday and on Thursdays I spend most of the day working in the Athletic Academic Center.
Oh athletes.. How.. interesting you are!

At IU the Athletic Academic Center is in the football stadium, right next to the huge (new!) weight room.
So it's a completely common thing for me to see athletes walking around half-dressed.
This is the part where you can get jealous of my job.

Anyway, this morning I came into work at 7am.
None of the faculty members usually get there until 8am, occasionally a few stroll in at 7:30am. Rarely do I see anyone before then.
Good. Some time all to myself.

So I walk in and I assume I'm the first one there because all of the lights are out.
I start walking through the Academic Center and about pee my pants when I see 2 athletes (i later realize they are baseball players) asleep on the couches in the dark.
However, while this scared me, it's not an unusual thing. The athletes are always taking naps in the Academic Center. Shoot, half of the time my job is to just make sure they wake up when their alarms go off so they don't miss class or practice.

So, I decided to just leave the lights off because I knew I wouldn't really need them on once I opened my laptop and mostly because I'm a sucker and I figured those boys needed sleep.
So off I go, in the dark, to my little corner.

This is the part where my life turns into a circus.
Serious reality show shit.

First I hear shouting. Not unusual.
Next I hear laughing. Not unusual.
Then I doors banging. Slightly unusual.
Then the lights turn on.
It's only 7:15am! Who is disturbing my precious time of alone-ness?!

Then next thing I see is someone running across the Academic Center.. Naked.

I just have nothing else to say.
I mean, that's one hell of a way to start the day!
The greatest moment was when the rest of the guys noticed me in the corner, mouth totally hanging open.

I don't know how I'm supposed to focus on anything else today.
It's just not going to happen.

9 comments:

  1. Well that is one way to start the day- more interesting than my morning routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha this is hilarious! So glad I stumbled across your blog - it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent way to start the day for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what brooklyn said. also.. how was his bum?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who needs coffee, with that show?!! I would just clap and cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! There are no words, just laughter.

    Jamie @
    The Growing Up Diaries

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...