Monday, September 23, 2013

Hairbangers, Parades, and A Thank You..

I've got to say, I am one happy girl this wonderful Monday morning! I guess a really good weekend will do that to ya.

Before we get into the weekend recap, I want to give a little shout out. I spend a lot of time working with a volunteer group, made up of mostly parents. I've worked with the same group for 6 years now. Some of them read this blog and to you guys I just want to say THANK YOU. Thank you for always showing up to get the job done, for respecting that someone younger than you is your supervisor, and for always backing me up when a decision has to be made. For the texts, the calls, and all of the hugs when I'm falling apart and my own parents aren't there to pull me together. And most of all, for defending me as if I was your own child. Thank you, thank you! 

Let's get to it..

Nina Dobrev posted this on Insta and I have to say, she was so right! Love this song and LOVE Kat Graham!

Oh and I worked another IU Men's Soccer game Friday night, where I was then given some roses. I work with some of the best people, ever!


Friday night I did something totally spontaneous after work and went to Hairbangers Ball with my bestie for the restie and her boy toy! It's basically and 80s cover band and they're hilarious. At the beginning of every show the say "I hope you brought protection, cause you're about to get banged" And it's hilarious and we love it.

Also, I'm not very good at sneaking videos of my bff and her boy singing, they caught me.


Saturday morning it was PARADE time!!
First of all, the only reason I go is to people watch. My dad and I didn't stop laughing the whole damn time. 

Also in case you're wondering, this is the cast of Porter Ridge. I've heard that if you don't have anything nice to say you shouldn't say anything at all.. So I'm not saying anything else.

Saturday night I worked the IU football game, duh, duh, duh. I don't do much of anything else these days! (and then iu lost, ugh) BUT CHECK OUT THOSE CLOUDS! No filter, no anything on those pictures above! Looks like something right out of a painting!

 Sunday night I made homemade pizza. Well, store bought crust, homemade everything else.

Sunday I also went to one of my happy places.. Half Priced Books. Love that place!
Then I read Me Before You for Blogger Book Club! (and possibly ate some ice cream.. maybe..)

Then I had the privileged of spending 47 minutes on the phone with Comcast, my cable provider, to fix my cable that was not working for no freaking reason.

I don't even want to think about all of the people I would've killed if I had missed Breaking Bad.

Speaking of.. HOW BOUT THAT 2ND TO LAST EPISODE?! 
Man, Jesse Pinkman has had a bad couple of days.. weeks.. years..


Link up with Sami, obvi.
 photo xokay_zpsf8e62ec8.jpg

1 comment:

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...