Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Reese's Cup Martini with Reese's Cup Vodka



I love Reese's. I absolutely refuse to deny it.

So as promised, here's the recipe for the Reese's Cup Martinis I made over the weekend for my sister's birthday.

To make the Martinis, you first need to make the Reese's Cup Vodka..

 photo ReeseMartini8_zpsbc7c9b04.jpg

Ingredients:

6 oz. Vodka
1/4 cup Reese's Cups

 photo ReeseMartini5_zps7cfe4d7f.jpg

I obviously wanted to make more than 6oz worth of Reese's Cup infused vodka, so I used 24oz of vodka and 1 cup of Reese's Cups.

Directions:

  • Place vodka and Reese's Cups in a jar and close tightly. Store is a cool, dry place for 7 days. Once or twice a day shake the jar, mixing the Reese's Cups and vodka.

  •  photo ReeseMartini4_zps36471b02.jpg
     photo ReeseMartini3_zps95775d18.jpg

  • After 7 days, strain the vodka into a clean jar using a mesh sieve. I ended up straining mine a total of 3 times. This probably wasn't totally necessary, but I did it anyway.
 photo ReeseMartini2_zps5d64c191.jpg

Reese's Cup Martini

 photo ReeseMartini7_zps71cd8e65.jpg

Ingredients:

1 1/2 ounces of Reese's Vodka
4 ounces Milk
1 tsp Chocolate Syrup (I used quite a bit more, and didn't actually measure it)

Directions:
  • Combine vodka, milk, and chocolate syrup in a shaker half filled with ice. Shake for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Pour into a martini glass. 
  • Garnish with mini Reese's Cups.
 photo ReeseMartini1_zps300706ca.jpg

Drink it and love it. The original recipe can be found here. I changed it slightly based on the suggestions of everyone else drinking it. It was a big hit with my chocolate and peanut butter loving sisters!

Also, TIP: After straining my vodka through a sieve into a clean jar, I replaced the lid and put it into the refrigerator. I did this because I prefer my vodka cold. This again is personal preference. The ice in the martini shaker should be enough, but I'm an over-achiever.

 photo xokay_zpsf8e62ec8.jpg

8 comments:

  1. I'm dying over how amazing this looks. Can you deliver one to my desk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying over how amazing this looks. Can you deliver one to my desk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dying over how amazing this looks. Can you deliver one to my desk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so looking forward to making this drink!! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm this is the best idea ever...no really....ever

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG YUM! I want one right meow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy yum!! Definitely want to try this out. Who doesn't love peanut butter and chocolate, right? Then add alcohol and you're golden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm starting this process this weekend...I've been searching for a solid peanut butter cup martini recipe for 2 yrs now. Just could never get past the idea of peanut rum or anything 'flavored'. And, you can bet I'll find something to bake with this once it's all ready. But first, the cocktail! I've shared with our FB fans, too. Genius, Kay!

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...